Slade Nursery School
The Nursery school has an admissions intake each term: September, January, and April. All children who are three, are entitled to 15 hours in nursery school each week ( term time only), starting the term after they are three.
At Slade Nursery School we offer fifteen hours as:
- 5 morning sessions (8.30 - 11.20 or 9.00 - 11.50) or 5 afternoon sessions (12.20 - 3.10 or 12.35 - 3.25) a week.
- Condensed offer of two and a half days at the beginning or end of the week (8.50 - 2.50 or9.00 - 3.00 for two days and then a half day session on Wednesday).
We offer 30 hours as:
We offer places for children who are entitled to 30 hours of funding (8.50 - 2.50 or 9am - 3pm Monday to Friday). Parents need to apply on the DfE website for an eleven digit number to be eligible for the additional 15 hours. This is the link to the government child care funding: https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
To register your interest for your child:
- Please complete the application form (see tabs on 'nursery school' to access the form online) or
- Contact the office to request a form - 01865 750670 / email@example.com.
- You can complete the form at any time.
We are happy to welcome you and your child for a show-round after school (3.40pm or 4.10pm on Monday or Tuesday), so that you can see the wonderful provision. Please phone or email to make an appointment.
If you require additional time (Breakfast, tea and holiday sessions), please look at the wrap around that is offered in the day nursery tab.
New to the area:
If you have moved into the area, please get in touch, as we may be able to offer your child a start date during the term.
We offer places termly, following the Local Authority’s criteria, when allocating places – these include your postcode and distance from the Nursery School, and any special educational and/or social needs that your child might have. Our Nursery School can accommodate a maximum of:
- A minimum of 52children accessing 15 hours funding
- A maximum of 30 children 30 hour places (9am - 3pm)
- A maximum of 16 children accessing 15 hours funding for two year olds ( 8 in the morning and 8 in the afternoon)
- A minimum of 14 places for fee paying children under the age of three
Occasionally, we might be unable to offer your child a place as soon as they become eligible for their funding. In such cases we can add your child’s name to a waiting list, as spaces can become available at any time (if children currently enrolled with us move to a different Nursery School for example). We monitor our waiting list carefully and will immediately contact you, should a place become available.
We are here to answer any queries you might have, so please do get in touch.
Due to COVID-19 we have staggered start times for different groups. If you have a particular preference for a session time that is specified on this page, please add this to your application form and we will make every effort to accommodate the request. These session times may change once COVID-19 restrictions have finished.